Best-Paying Jobs Requiring an Associate's Degree
Although it may serve as an added bonus, a Bachelor’s degree is not indispensable to earning a great salary. However, what is crucial to earning superior pay is a higher education, which can be obtained with a two-year Associates Degree.
"A college education is one of the best investments that one can make. Not only does it increase the amount of opportunities at one’s disposal, but it also significantly increases your income potential “, said Brent Rasmussen
, president of CareerBuilder.com
, whom along with Economic Modeling Statistics
, conducted a study which detailed the best-paying jobs for those who possess an Associate’s Degree. Continue on for the complete list of Best-Paying Associate’s Degrees.
1) Air Traffic Controller – $113,547 – Manages air traffic to ensure safe flying.
2) Radiation Therapist – $76,627 – Treats cancer and other diseases with radiation.
3) Dental Hygienist - $70,408 – Examines patients, cleans teeth and provides other dental care.
4) Nuclear Medicine Technologist - $69,638 – Prepares and administers radioactive drugs and uses this when scanning patients for abnormalities.
5) Nuclear Technician - $68,037 – Assists in nuclear research and production.
6) Registered Nurse - $65,853 – Provides patient care and educates patients about various health conditions.
7) Diagnostic Medical Sonographer - $65,499– Diagnoses medical conditions using special imaging equipment such as an ultrasound, sonogram, etc.
8) Fashion Designer - $63,170 – Creates clothing, shoes and accessories.
9) Aerospace Engineering and Operations Technician - $61,547 – Operates equipment used in developing and testing new aircraft and spacecraft.
10) Engineering Technician (except drafters) - $58,698 – Help engineers and scientists in research and development, specializing in different areas.